This Pumpkin Ribbon Bread is a MUST-TRY for all you pumpkin lovers out there. I love this time of year when the weather starts to cool down and the leaves begin to fall and change colours. What I think I love the most, however, is that it’s pumpkin season. Give me alllllll the pumpkins, please!
Pumpkin Ribbon Bread
It looks like a regular loaf of bread. That is, until you cut the first slice. Inside you’ll discover a lusciously sweet and creamy cheesecake filling with just the slightest hint of orange flavour. It takes a good hour and a half to bake, but it’s well worth the wait. You don’t even need to slather any toppings on this bread.
Dessert or snack….you decide. I’ll take a slice with my morning coffee, thank you very much.
This recipe makes two generous sized loaves so you can pop one in the freezer to save for later or give a loaf to family or friends. Or just keep it for yourself. That’s what I did! I didn’t want to share this deliciousness.
You’ll want to store the loaves in your fridge to keep them fresh. My youngest daughter, who is notoriously picky, even enjoyed a slice. Surprise, surprise.
For more yummy pumpkin desserts, try my Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake, White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes and Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies. You might also like this Chocolate Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Bread and Pineapple Cheese Bread.
What pumpkin recipes are you baking these days?
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cloves
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and flour. Add egg and stir to combine. Stir in orange peel. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In large bowl, stir together pumpkin, oil and eggs. Add in sugar, salt, cloves, cinnamon, flour and baking soda. Stir.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into two greased and floured loaf pans. Spread cream cheese mixture over batter in pans. Add remaining batter to cover filling.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Store in fridge.
Makes 2 loaves
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 393mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 6g