This Sugar Pie recipe is a vintage find from one of my grandma’s old church cookbooks. It looked easy enough so I decided to try it out. The sweet sugary filling practically melts in your mouth and reminds me a little of the flavour of a butter tart. It has a different texture though.
I recommend putting the pie on the baking sheet because it will likely bubble over. I would have had a big mess in my oven if I didn’t!
I used a ready-made pie unbaked pie shell to keep things easy. If you are a pro at making your own pie shells, go for it.
Serve with some ice cream or whipped cream to finish it off. It’s a decadent dessert that is rich and perfectly sweet.
How to Make Sugar Pie
It’s easy! Start by mixing brown sugar, flour, cream and vanilla in a bowl. Pour into a pie shell.
Bake for 10 minutes at 425F. Then reduce the heat to 350F and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool before cutting into slices.
Have you tried sugar pie before?
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 9″ unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, cream and vanilla in a bowl. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool before serving.
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4pcs Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392 Total Fat: 17.4g Saturated Fat: 7.1g Trans Fat: 0.2g Unsaturated Fat: 9.3g Cholesterol: 22.4mg Sodium: 171.6mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 2.2g Sugar: 35.9g Protein: 3.8g