Chocolate lovers, you are in for a real treat today with this scrumptious Fudge Pie recipe. It reminds me of brownies! Each bite is sweet, chewy and full of luscious chocolate flavour. Serve each piece with some vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce for a special dessert.
I love to eat mine while it’s still warm so that the pie melts the ice cream a little.
It’s also a pretty simple recipe that won’t take much time to whip up. I love easy recipes because that means I don’t have to wait too long to eat it!
Make it for a special occasion (like Easter) or just because. Do we really need a reason to eat more chocolate? I don’t think so!
How to Make Fudge Pie
The pie is the crust! Start by greasing a 9-inch pie plate. Set it aside for later.
In a saucepan on the stove top over low heat, add the unsweetened chocolate and butter. Stir the mixture until it melts. Remove from heat.
Whisk in the sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs. Pour the mixture into your greased pie plate. It bakes for 27 minutes at 350F.
I like to top mine with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
You might also like these Fudge Nut Bars.
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- chocolate sauce and ice cream, for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan and set aside.
- Add unsweetened chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the chocolate and butter melts completely and remove from heat.
- Whisk in sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs.
- Pour batter into pie pan and bake for 27 minutes. Serve warm with desired toppings.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388 Total Fat: 22.9g Saturated Fat: 14.2g Unsaturated Fat: 7.5g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 6mg Fiber: 2.9g Sugar: 41.7g Protein: 2.9g