One thing I know for sure is that people love Tater Tot Casseroles. I shared a Mexican Tater Tot Casserole several months ago and it’s become one of the most popular posts on my blog. This Pizza Tater Tot Casserole is just as good or maybe even a bit better, depending on who you talk to in my family.
I love easy recipes like this one that I can quickly throw together in a matter of minutes and I know that my family is going to enjoy. It’s comfort food which isn’t the healthiest, but it sure hits the spot. I try to make recipes that my family will eat so I can save myself making four different meals at one time. So annoying!
Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
It’s pretty straightforward to make. The bottom layer is a mix of all our favourite pizza toppings. We have ground beef, Italian sausage, bacon, green peppers, mushrooms and onions all mixed together in pizza sauce.
The next layer is, of course, tater tots. I used a full 800g bag of frozen tater tots. Add them in a single layer on top of your pizza toppings mixture.
In the last five minutes of baking, add on the third and final layer: cheese, pepperoni and Italian seasoning.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
I think we have a winner here. Pizza flavours + Tater Tots are the perfect match. This comforting casserole will be gobbled up before you can say Tater Tots 10 times fast. Ok, maybe not that fast, but you get the picture. I hope you enjoy this casserole as much as my family did!
You might also like this Pizza Dip.
What are your favourite types of Tater Tot casseroles to make?
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 213 ml cans pizza sauce
- 1 800g package frozen Tater Tots
- 1/4 cup pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, sausage and bacon. Cook for 7 minutes. Add in mushrooms, onions, garlic and green pepper. Cook an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is cooked and veggies are softened. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread pizza mixture evenly on the bottom. Cover completely with Tater Tots.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with Italian seasoning. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1175mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g