Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes were a staple on our dinner table growing up. My mom used to make her mashed potatoes whipped with milk and butter and made sure there were no chunks left. I was a picky kid and wouldn’t eat them if I discovered they were chunky! Also, my grandmother believed it wasn’t a meal unless it was served with a helping of mashed potatoes. Anytime there was meat on the plate, you’d always find mashed potatoes right there. I got a little sick of eating them back then and only started to serve them more regularly many years later.
I like to keep things interesting and try new mashed potato recipes. I had written down a recipe a long time ago for Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes, but had never gotten around to make them. I was missing out! They are yummy and a new, tasty take on classic mashed potatoes. Also, if you have mashed potato leftovers and aren’t sure what to do with them, this is your recipe to try!
I love them hot and fresh out of the oven. I cut mine open and put a dollop of butter and let melt inside. Soooo good! This is comfort food, folks.
You can mix it up a little and add in whatever veggies you have on hand. I’m thinking this would be a good recipe to make after Thanksgiving to use up the leftover potatoes and veggies.
Have you tried Muffin Tin Mashed Potatoes?
- 10 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain the water and mash. Add in 2 tbsp butter and milk and beat until fluffy. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp butter to a pan and saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cooked veggie mixture to potato mixture. Add in flour, eggs, baking powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the mixture to 12 greased muffin cups. Bake at 375F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 437mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g