I recently was sent some Birthday Oreo Cupcakes and included in the package was a recipe for Oreo Cupcakes. It looked fairly easy to make so I decided to give it a try. I’m glad I did- they were yummy!
I only had to pick up a few of the ingredients at the store.
The first step was to make the chocolate cupcakes according to the package directions and let them cool.
I melted some chopped baking chocolate with a little whipping cream to make a rich glaze for the tops of the cupcakes.
After refrigerating the cupcakes so the glaze can harden, I had the fun task of making the icing. Of course, my mixer decided to break at that point which made the task a little difficult.
Chocolate cupcakes topped with a rich chocolate ganache and cream cheese & Oreo frosting.
- 1 package of chocolate cake mix
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped (it’s 4 squares)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 pkg. cream cheese softened
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 10 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- Mini Oreo Cookies, to garnish
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes; cool completely.
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate and whipping cream in a small bowl for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 minute. Dip tops of cupcakes in chocolate glaze. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Beat in icing sugar until well blended. Stir in chopped cookies.
- Spread tops of cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Top with mini Oreo cookies.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods.