Keto Pecan Butter Tarts are a low carb version of Canada’s favorite dessert! Sweet, rich and guilt-free.
Before I started following the Keto diet, I ate butter tarts a few times a week. Irvings, a local gas station near us, sells the BEST butter tarts. I sighed a little with each bite as they were that good.
I couldn’t eat them anymore because they were packed full of no-no ingredients, but I often thought of their yummy taste. I missed my late night indulgences.
Keto Pecan Butter Tarts
I came across a recipe for Keto Butter Tarts on The Hungry Elephant and knew I had to try them. I added pecans and used Stevia as the sweetener in mine.
OMG they were delicious! I recommend serving them after they have cooled down a tad from coming out of the oven. They are gooey and sweet.
If you let them cool, they are still good, but you’ll get a better texture if you heat them up to eat them.
Keto Pecan Butter Tart Ingredients
This post contains affiliate links.
Most of these ingredients you should be able to find at your local grocery store. Some of them you may have to look in the Natural/Organic section. A healthy grocery store should definitely have them. You could also order them online. I like Natura Market (if you’re in Canada).
You’ll need for the crust:
For the filling (the best part!):
- Brown sugar alternative
- Heavy cream
If you’re in the USA, check out Besti’s sugar replacement sweeteners. Use the code SIMPLYSTACIE to save 10% on your order.
How to Make Keto Pecan Butter Tarts
Start by preheating your oven to 350F. Grease a muffin tin with butter.
Add coconut flour, eggs, stevia and melted butter to a bowl and stir to combine. Add a scoop of the mixture to each muffin tin and press down to create a bowl covering the sides and bottom.
Add the eggs, butter, brown sugar alternative, vanilla and heavy cream to a pot over medium heat and whisk to combine. Keep whisking until the butter is melted and sugar alternative is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans.
Pour the filling into each prepared tart shell.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is set and golden. Let cool for 10 minutes before devouring each sweet bite.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you make this recipe.
I have a few more Keto recipes that you might like including another yummy dessert!
Keto Diet Resources
I have a few Keto diet resources that may help you out.
- Keto Subscription Boxes for Canadians
- Keto Chicken Guide
- Live Fit Foods
- Keto Meal Planning Subscription (Use the code SIMPLYSTACIE for 15% off)
- Natura Market
- Kiss My Keto
- Ketosis Breath Sensor
- Reshape – a personalized health and fitness plan
I hope you’ll give these Keto Pecan Butter Tarts a try. My fiancé isn’t on the diet, but still liked them. I have to say that they are pretty darn good!
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar alternative
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tins with butter.
- Add coconut flour, eggs, stevia and melted butter to a bowl and stir to combine. Add a scoop of mixture to each muffin tin and press down to create a bowl covering the bottom and sides.
- For filling, add eggs, butter, brown sugar alternative, vanilla and heavy cream to a pot over medium heat and whisk to combine. Keep whisking till butter is all melted and sugar alternative is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into each prepared tart shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until filling is set and golden. Let them cool 10 minutes before eating.
I used Splenda Stevia and Swerve Brown Sugar alternative.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 21gNet Carbohydrates: NAgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gSugar Alcohols: NAgProtein: 5g