Regal Chicken Salad
This Regal Chicken Salad is loaded with tender chicken, grapes, celery, pineapple and tossed in a slightly sweet creamy dressing. My significant other says it’s the BEST chicken salad he’s ever tasted. It’s also super easy to whip up for lunch or as a side for dinner.
Regal Chicken Salad
The first time I tried this recipe I wasn’t sure what it would be like. Grapes and chicken? Pineapple? Peanuts? I know, it may be a strange combination, but it works so well together. I found the recipe in one of my grandmother’s vintage cookbooks. It’s hit or miss sometimes with those recipes, but this find was a definite hit.
With the hot and sticky weather now upon us, I’m looking for lighter meals to enjoy. This salad is great because you can cook or BBQ the chicken ahead of time or use leftovers of whatever cut of chicken you were serving. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because it’s my favorite cut of chicken. Avoiding the oven on a hot day is a must. I hate sweating.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
The Chicken Farmers of Canada also has many lighter chicken recipes where you don’t have to slave away in the kitchen all day. Check out these delicious recipes:
- Summer Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Arugula, Citrus & Chicken Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Barbecue Chicken Salad
- Chicken Avocado and Black Bean Salad
Regal Chicken Salad Ingredients
First of all, I highly recommend you download the Shopping with Chicken app to your smartphone. IT WILL SAVE YOUR SANITY. Promise.
You can create grocery lists and easily share them with whoever you want. It also syncs when you check off your list as you are shopping so divide and conquer! Let your partner take one half of the list and you take the other and then meet at the checkout. Matty and I have it on our phone and it makes grocery shopping that much easier.
I don’t know about you, but I want to get out of the grocery store and away from the crowds as fast as possible!
By the way, did I mention it’s free? Oh yes it is!
So for this particular recipe, you’ll need a few items at the store if you don’t already have them at home.
- Chicken (I like boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Canadian chicken only for our family, too)
- Pineapple chunks
- Red grapes
- Green grapes
- Dry salted peanuts
- Dried tarragon
- Lemon juice
- Pineapple juice from the can
How to Make Regal Chicken Salad
This Regal Chicken Salad recipe is easy peasy! To start, add the cooked chicken, pineapple chunks, red grapes, green grapes, celery and peanuts to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Stir in tarragon.
To make the dressing, add mayonnaise, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice to a bowl. Stir together until combined. Pour into the chicken salad mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle with parsley.
Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge and eat within 3 days.
Looking for more chicken salads to make this summer? I have a few you might like!
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Mustard Chicken Salad
- Taco Chicken Salad
- Famous Curried Chicken Salad
- Chicken and Broccoli Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Chicken and Asparagus Salad
- Hot Chicken Salad
See I wasn’t kidding when I said I liked my chicken salads!
Where to Serve Regal Chicken Salad
Pretty much anywhere! Serve it for a nice light lunch or bring it with you to a potluck dinner or family BBQ. I guarantee it will not last long!
My family devoured it! My fiancé even told his friends about it. I knew I had a winner when he did that.
Let me know if you try it out and what you think!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled, cut into cubes
- 1 14oz can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup dry salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp juice reserved from can of pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped, for garnish, optional
- Add chicken, pineapple chunks (no juice), red grapes, green grapes, celery and peanuts to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Stir in tarragon.
- In another bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice. Fold dressing into salad bowl and toss to combine. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 23g