Rice Krispie Cookies
That box of Rice Krispies in your pantry is for more than just a bowl of cereal. Yes, you can make the classic Rice Krispie Squares, but why not try something a little different for a change? Whip up a batch of these yummy Rice Krispie Cookies! They are loaded with a variety of flavours and textures. Basically, you can throw whatever you have in your pantry in the mix and they should turn out great (within reason, of course!).
To mine, I added coconut, oats, Rice Krispies and some salted caramel chips. If you can’t find salted caramel chips, don’t worry. Substitute another chip like chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or even peanut butter chips. I saw the salted caramel chips while I was shopping and they were calling my name.
This recipe makes a whole lotta cookies! They are great for a cookie exchange or baking sale. I gave some away to my friend, Becky. She said they were a hit in her home, too.
I have another recipe that features Rice Krispies on the blog, Gluten-Free Lunchbox Coconut Surprise, so make sure you check them out as well.
Have you ever used Rice Krispies in a cookie recipe?
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup salted caramel chips (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, shortening and vanilla extract. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add rounded tablespoonfuls of dough to a cookie sheet. Bake for 16 minutes. Let sit 3 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Good Cook Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie Sheet
- Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set
- Goson Bakeware Baking, Cooling , Oven Roasting, Broiler Rack, 8in by 10in, Cross Wire, Chrome, Pack of 2, Compatible with Various Baking Sheets Oven Pans
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171 Total Fat: 8.7g Saturated Fat: 4.5g Trans Fat: 0.4g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 17.1mg Sodium: 26.8mg Carbohydrates: 22.2g Fiber: 1.1g Sugar: 13.2g Protein: 2.1g