Asian Chicken Wings
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed my SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I can’t wait to host holiday parties this year in my new kitchen! We renovated the kitchen in June (what a crazy process!) and I’m loving cooking in it. I can’t wait to share it with my family and friends. I also bought all new appliances and have been giving them a workout with all the recipes I’ve been whipping up this year. I found the perfect appetizer recipe from my friends at the Chicken Farmers of Canada: Asian Chicken Wings. Soooo tasty!
Forget the frozen boxed wings – try making them yourself. I promise, it’s not that hard. Buy the chicken wings that are already split so you can save yourself an extra step. Then it’s just a matter of creating a delicious marinade and popping them in the oven to bake.
These Asian Chicken Wings have so much flavour. They are sticky and sweet so have some napkins near by. I love that the peppers add a pop of festive red and green colour to the dish. They bake right with the wings.
My family devoured these wings so I know we have a winner here. They are easy to make so I’ll definitely be making them again over the holidays.
This post also closes out my year as a Chicken Farmers of Canada Ambassador. I’d like to thank the Chicken Farmers of Canada for including me as one of their ambassadors. I love working with them sharing both the delicious chicken recipes and information about chicken farming in Canada. I’ve worked with them for several years now and it’s truly been an honour. I always remember how hard our chicken farmers work and what they stand for every time I’m shopping for chicken during my grocery trips. Canadian chicken is the best and I’m glad to be part of it – even in a small way with my blog!
I hope you enjoyed all the chicken recipes I’ve shared with you this year!
Time saving tip: Use my hack on how to cut a bell pepper!
- 3 lb chicken wings, split
- 1 cup Hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add Hoisin sauce, vegetable oil and ginger to a large resealable bag. Mix ingredients together in the bag.
- Place chicken wings inside bag and coat wings in sauce.
- Remove chicken wings from bag and place on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle peppers on baking sheet with wings. Sprinkle wings with half of the sesame seeds and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and turn wings over to the other side. Sprinkle wings with remaining sesame seeds and return to oven.
- Bake another 15 minutes or until wings are thoroughly cooked.
- Sprinkle wings with sesame oil and serve with pepper strips.
- Ziploc Freezer Bag, Gallon Size-28 ct
- Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4Pcs Measuring Cups And Spoons Combo Set, Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1 wing
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60 Total Fat: 2.1g Saturated Fat: 0.5g Unsaturated Fat: 1.2g Cholesterol: 17.1mg Sodium: 130.9mg Carbohydrates: 3.3g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 1.9g Protein: 6.8g