I remember my mom making this easy recipe for Salsa Chicken all the time growing up. It’s so simple that you really don’t even need a recipe! I’ve got one here for you anyways, though.
It’s basically some chicken breasts sprinkled with a little spices and baked with salsa and cheese. Top with some green onions for a prettier presentation, if you wish!
Moist, tender and flavourful. This easy recipe makes a delicious weeknight meal for when you are short on time.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add chicken breasts to a casserole dish. Sprinkle with cumin and garlic powder. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover with salsa and mozzarella cheese. Put back in oven and continue to bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken reads 165F on a meat thermometer.
- Top with green onions and serve hot.
The chicken comes out moist, tender and full of flavour. You can control the spice by using a mild salsa. I love spicy, but some of my family doesn’t so we usually stick to the mild kind. It’s a delicious weeknight meal for when you are short on time. Your oven pretty much does all the hard work. I love the dump and bake kind of meals.
Now I can totally see why my mom made this recipe so often! I’m doing the same with my own family. Yay for easy recipes!
Do you make your own version of Salsa Chicken, too?