This Deep Dish Apple Pie with Crumb Topping is the perfect fall dessert. This easy to make and 100% healthy dessert is made of 100% real food ingredients. It is gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, flourless, egg-free and full of flavor!
Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. September in particular. I love how nature changes. The colors, the smell, the weather. Not too hot, nor too cold. Just perfect. I’d live in September all year long.
And when I think about fall, recipes like beef bourguignon, butternut squash soup, pumpkin everything and… apple pie immediately come to my mind.
I don’t think there’s anything more comforting than a warm slice of apple pie topped with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Deep Dish Apple Pie with Crumb Topping
Well, ok ok… Maybe a huge, decadent and gooey slice of chocolate cake would also do the trick. 😉
What I prefer about this recipe is the fact that it is completely guilt-free! Yes, it is still a dessert. It is a bit heavy on the calorie side.
It is made with 100% unprocessed ingredients and will comply with most of the popular trending diets, except maybe for paleo. Oats are not allowed on the caveman diet.
I brought a slice of this pie over to some of my friends the other day and if I didn’t tell them that this recipe was made without the use of flour or any other processed/unhealthy ingredients, they would’ve never guessed it.
This recipe is also pretty simple to make. No fussy or complicated steps for this one.
Mix. Dump. Bake. Done.
Which apple did I use?
A mix of Granny Smith and Golden Delicious. Both make delicious pie and I heard that mixing two or three different varieties in the same recipe was wonderful.
Whoever said that was absolutely right.
What a tasty dessert!
This post contains affiliate links.
For more healthy and delicious recipes like this one, head over to Gabriel’s Blog!
You might also like this Sweet Potato Pie.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 chia seed egg (mix 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons hot water, let sit for 5 minutes)
- A pinch kosher salt
- Tapioca flour (to roll the dough)
- 8 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, cold
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Combine 2 cups almond flour, 1/8 cup coconut oil, 1 chia seed egg, 1 pinch kosher salt in a large mixing bowl, mix thoroughly with your hands until the mixture has turned into dough.
- Spread some tapioca flour on a clean surface and work the dough into a disc with your hands, then, using a rolling pin, roll it large enough to fit into your baking dish (I used a 10-inch pie dish).
- Properly place the rolled dough into your pie dish. Set aside.
- Combine the apple slices, 1 tablespoon coconut flour, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg in a large mixing bowl and carefully stir the ingredients with your hands.
- Carefully place the mixture into the pie dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine 3/4 cup almond meal, 3/4 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup coconut sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1 pinch kosher salt into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Spread the crumb evenly over the apple slices.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 11gSugar: 41gProtein: 11g