If you know company is coming for dinner and you need an easy dessert, this one’s for you. All you’ll need is a can of fruit cocktail, a can of crushed pineapple, a box of Pistachio pudding and a little Cool Whip. Throw it all together in a bowl and let it sit for a few hours in the fridge. This will help it thicken up a bit.
It reminds me a bit of those dessert salads that were so popular in the past. I guess this could be served as a salad too, but I think it’s more like a dessert. I put it in parfait dishes and topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
It’s sweet, creamy and full of fruity flavour! If you love easy desserts, this one is for you!
You might also like this Pineapple Pretzel Fluff or Pineapple Pie.
- 1 – 28oz can fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 – 19oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 – 99g package pistachio pudding (4 serving size)
- 2 tbsp Cool Whip
- Cherries, Cool Whip, for garnish (optional)
- Combine fruit cocktail, crushed pineapple and pudding in a bowl. Let set for 1 hour. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 5 hours until thickened. Top with cherries and Cool Whip, if desired.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232 Total Fat: 0.7g Saturated Fat: 0.3g Unsaturated Fat: 0.2g Cholesterol: 1.2mg Sodium: 288.7mg Carbohydrates: 59.3g Fiber: 3.1g Sugar: 53.8g Protein: 1g