One-Pan Maple Dijon Chicken
Hey there, Heather with Food Lovin’ Family visiting today with a ONE PAN dinner for your busy weeknight. That’s right, one pan, easy cleanup and lots of flavor.
Allow me to present tender chicken, baked with butternut squash, purple potatoes and broccoli cooked on one pan. This meal is healthy, delicious and so easy! My whole family fell in love with this dinner and it will be something I make on the regular.
If you are like me, sometimes you just don’t want to spend all night cleaning dishes. Oh wait, that is me every night! The other great thing about this meal is that is requires only a few ingredients, most of them you might already have on hand. So with one pan to clean and few ingredients, you really can’t go wrong with this maple Dijon chicken one pan meal.
To start, cover a large sheet pan with aluminum foil, this makes for even easier cleanup. You can also spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray if you prefer not to use foil. For this recipe I decided to use chicken tenders but chicken breasts also work will with this dish. (Cooking time may vary on depending on size of chicken.) Next up, place chicken on the prepared pan.
In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Brush the mixture on chicken and then season the chicken with thyme, salt and pepper. Add the squash and potatoes to the pan and coat them with a little extra olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes and then add the broccoli into the mix. Bake about 10-15 more minutes and then remove from oven.
One pan dinners make for a great weeknight meal! You and your family are sure to love this one pan maple Dijon chicken with butternut squash, purple potatoes and broccoli. Enjoy!
Do you like one-pan recipes?
One-Pan Maple Dijon Chicken
This one-pan meal is perfect for those busy weeknights. You’ll love the tender chicken baked with butternut squash, purple potatoes and broccoli roasted to perfection.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders or breasts
- 1 butternut squash- peeled, seeded and cut in 1-inch cubes.
- 16 oz purple potatoes, quartered
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or dried thyme
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, Dijon Mustard and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place potatoes and butternut squash in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
- Pour remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil on vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken in a single layer and brush each chicken with syrup mixture.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place pan in oven and roast until chicken cooked through, internal temperature of 165 degrees F. About 25-30 minutes depending on size of chicken.
- Add in broccoli during last 15 minutes. Serve immediately.