Butter Chicken Lasagna Soup
I have some exciting (and tasty) news! I’ve partnered with Patak’s Canada and Blue Dragon Canada as a Cultured Kitchen Ambassador for the next year. This means more recipes to create and share with all of you! If you aren’t familiar with Patak’s Canada or Blue Dragon Canada, head on over to their site to check them out. I have a feeling I’m going to learn a lot this year and am looking forward to what lies ahead.
Are you familiar with Diwali, the Indian festival of lights? This ancient Hindu festival is celebrated in the fall every year and is an integral part of Indian culture.
This will be my first year celebrating Diwali. We started out by creating a Rangoli, a pattern created with spices, rice, flower petals, etc. It is the traditional sign of Diwali and symbolizes good luck.
Patak’s Canada sent me this gorgeous wooden cutting board with a laser cut traditional Rangoli pattern already on it. All we had to do was create our design with some spices.
My youngest daughter and I worked on it using a variety of spices. I think we did a pretty good job for our first time ever making a Rangoli pattern!
It’s not perfect, but it’s made with love. I’ve set it up on the counter out of the way of my curious cats!
We’re also continuing our Diwali celebration by mixing in a little India! Patak’s Canada makes it easy with their selection of sauces. I revamped a family favourite recipe, Lasagna Soup, and created something new using a jar of Patak’s Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce.
I’ve eaten Butter Chicken the traditional way and love its exotic flavour. It tastes delicious served on rice. I was tempted to grab a quick spoonful out of the jar, but I made myself stop. I needed the whole thing for my recipe.
I’m calling this recipe Butter Chicken Lasagna Soup. It’s my lasagna soup with an Indian kick. It is DELISH!
Imagine tender chunks of chicken simmered in a flavourful tomato based broth. Add in two kinds of cheese and some noodles and you have Italy meets India! This recipe gave my Lasagna Soup a run for its money. I think I might even prefer this version better!
With temperatures cooling, it’s nice to be able to enjoy a big bowl of Butter Chicken Lasagna Soup. It warms me up and fills my belly!
It’s a good thing I have more Patak’s Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce in my pantry because I know I’ll want to make this again. I’m also thinking of other ways I can mix in a little India to our meals.
You might also like this Slow Cooker Lasagna.
Butter Chicken Lasagna Soup
Mix in a little India with this amazing Butter Chicken Lasagna Soup recipe. It’s comfort food perfection.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 400ml jar Patak’s Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked (or any other type of curly pasta)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add oil to a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes. Add in onions and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and Patak’s Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce and stir to combine. Continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to minimum and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add in uncooked pasta. Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is desired tenderness.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, add a dollop of ricotta cheese to each bowl. Top with soup and then sprinkle mozzarella cheese and green onions on top.
Disclosure: I am part of The Cultured Kitchen Ambassador program in partnership with Patak’s Canada and Blue Dragon Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.