Spinach Mushroom Quiche
Healthy eating is a way of living. When I decided to make a conscious effort to eat more fruits and vegetables, I didn’t call it a diet. Instead I thought of eating better as a lifestyle change. It makes me happy to know that I’m taking care of myself and my family. I want to nourish our bodies with foods full of vitamins and minerals. However, the food still needs to taste good too! Thankfully I’ve discovered many new recipes that fit both criteria including this recipe for Spinach Mushroom Quiche from DrinkSilk.ca.
I tend to avoid recipes where I have to make my own crust. I think the thought of having to roll and manipulate the dough exhausts me. However, this crust almost makes itself! You won’t even need the rolling pin and it turned out perfectly.
The best part, in my opinion, is the filling! It’s packed with fresh baby spinach, sliced mushrooms nestled in a creamy blend of eggs, Silk Unsweetened soy beverage and a kick of nutmeg. I’d make this recipe any time of day, but it’s traditionally served for brunch. If you’re looking to eat better, this Spinach Mushroom Quiche is a great way to start on the path to healthy living!
Silk soy, almond and coconut beverages are a great choice for your healthy lifestyle. With important nutrients like calcium and vitamin D, plus a silky-smooth taste you’ll crave, they’re perfect in smoothies, over cereal and straight up in a glass. Intrigued? Get to know Silk at DrinkSilk.ca
You might also like this Slow Cooker Spinach & Feta Quiche.
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Silk via Glam Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Silk.
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Silk Unsweetened soy beverage
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (or regular spinach)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Silk Unsweetened soy beverage
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Stir in oil and Silk Unsweetened soy beverage until mixture sticks together to form dough. Press the dough evenly onto the bottom and sides of a deep dish, 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Add 1½ cups of spinach to your sauté pan and stir for about two minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Spoon the mushroom/spinach mixture evenly on your pie crust. Top with the remaining ½ cup of fresh spinach leaves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Silk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake in the 350°F oven for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and set.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g