Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Happy Wednesday! It’s day three of our #HolidayAppetizers week. I’ll be sharing a recipe a day of my favourite party foods. Three other bloggers are also doing the same thing so by the end of the week, you’ll have 20 new appetizer recipes to try.
If you and your guests like hot, spicy foods, this is a great recipe to try. We love jalapenos and these Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos will light up your tastebuds. Warning…have some water near by! They are stuffed with a creamy, cheesy filling with a little cumin and green pepper. I used my extra cream cheese filling on bagels.
After you’re done handling the jalapenos, make sure to thoroughly wash your ends. If you touch your eye and still have some leftover on your skin, it will burn your eyes. I’ve done that before and trust me, I’m very conscious about it now. Lesson learned!
To find more appetizer recipes, head over to my friends’ blogs!
- 12 whole jalapenos
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Slice each jalapeno lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribs with a spoon.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cumin and green onion.
- Add a spoonful of cheese mixture to fill each jalapeno. You will have to spread out the cheese a little so it covers the inside of the jalapeno.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is browned and peppers are soft.
- Enjoy hot! Makes 24 individual appetizers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g