Spicy Shrimp & Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
This summer I’m participating in the Simply Asia Recipe Challenge. I was asked to create an entree, side dish and appetizer for the challenge using Simply Asia products that were provided to me. For my entree, I made this Spicy Shrimp & Vegetable Stir-Fry. I’m a seafood fanatic and love shrimp in just about anything. I used Simply Asia Sweet & Spicy Saigon Seasoning & Spicy Kung Pao Stir-Fry Sauce mixed in with fresh veggies and shrimp. To add another kick, I put the veggie & shrimp mixture over a bed of Singapore Street Noodles in Classic Curry. I added cashews for an extra bit of crunch!
Spicy Shrimp & Vegetable Stir Fry
Kick dinner up a notch with some spice!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ½ cups shrimp, uncooked
- 1 tsp Simply Asia Sweet and Spicy Saigon Seasoning
- ½ cup cashews, plain
- 1 package Simply Asia Spicy Kung Pao Stir-Fry Sauce
- 2 packages of Simply Asia Singapore Street Noodles in Classic Curry (or your favorite flavor)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan (or wok) over medium heat. Add broccoli florets and carrots and saute, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper, snow peas, green onions, mushrooms and Sweet & Spicy Saigon Seasoning to the pan. Continue to saute for another 7 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Add in the shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink. Add in the Spicy Kung Pao Stir-Fry Sauce and the cashews and stir.
- Prepare Singapore Street Noodles according to package directions.
- To serve, add the noodles to a plate and top with shrimp & veggie mixture. Serve hot.