Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
Let’s talk brownies. Chocolate, fudgy, knock your socks off delicious brownies. I love brownies of all kinds but these raspberry brownies have to be one of my favorite. They are rich, from scratch and topped with a creamy chocolate raspberry frosting.
Once a month I get together with a group of friends to play Bunco. It is a fun excuse to hang out with the girls and catch up. Everyone is in charge of bringing one appetizer, drink or dessert to the party to keep us fed throughout the evening. After all, rolling dice all night can make a girl hungry. Last month I decided to bring these raspberry brownies and all the ladies went crazy for them. Almost everyone asked for the recipe and wondered what the secret ingredient was in the frosting.
The secret ingredient is the addition of raspberry jam. It adds a wonderful hint of raspberry flavor to the chocolate cream cheese frosting.
To make the brownies, melt semisweet chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Once the chocolate has cooled, mix in the eggs and brown sugar. Stir flour and baking powder into the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture in a 9-inch baking pan and pop in the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes and let cool.
When I make brownies I like to line my baking pan with parchment paper. This makes it easy to lift the brownies out of the pan in one piece so you can cut them with no problem. If you don’t have parchment paper, it is fine to spray the baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
For the chocolate raspberry frosting, melt more chocolate chips. Mix softened cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar together. Beat in raspberry jam and the melted chocolate. Spread the frosting over cooled brownies. I like adding mini chocolate chips on top because a little extra chocolate never hurts. Sprinkles or a drizzle of chocolate glaze would also work well.
These chocolate raspberry brownies are rich so I would suggest cutting them into small squares. A delicious treat for a party, everyone will enjoy these amazing chocolate bites. For more yummy recipes be sure to visit me at Food Lovin’ Family. Enjoy!
Chocolate Raspberry Brownies
Rich, knock-your-socks off good! These fudgy brownies are made from scratch and topped with a creamy chocolate raspberry frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Optional: mini chocolate chips, sprinkles
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips over low heat.
- Once melted let chocolate cool slightly.
- Beat together eggs and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in a small bowl and then stir into chocolate mixture.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour brownie mixture in baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool.
- For the frosting, melt chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. Cool slightly.
- Beat together cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Mix in jam and then stir in melted chocolate.
- Spread frosting over brownies.
- Optional: Top with mini chocolate chips or sprinkles
- Store in the refrigerator