My regular recipe for Deviled Eggs is really quite simple. You have your eggs of course. The filling consists of just egg yolk and mayonnaise and then a sprinkle of paprika. I decided to try a different recipe that I discovered on the Better Homes & Gardens Recipes app. This recipe does not have paprika! Even John asked where it was. Devilish Eggs only take a few extra ingredients. I love the addition of Dijon mustard. It gives them an extra boost of flavour.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
1. Halve the hard boiled eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks. Set the whites aside. Put the yolks in a bowl and add mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard. Stir to combine.
2. Stir in ham and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stuff yolk mixture in each egg white. Cover and chill until ready to serve.