Devilish Eggs Recipe

My regular recipe for Deviled Eggs is really quite simple. You have your eggs of course. The filling consists of just egg yolk and mayonnaise and then a sprinkle of paprika. I decided to try a different recipe that I discovered on the Better Homes & Gardens Recipes app. This recipe does not have paprika! Even John asked where it was. Devilish Eggs only take a few extra ingredients. I love the addition of Dijon mustard. It gives them an extra boost of flavour.

Devilish Eggs

Devilish Eggs

• 12 hard boiled eggs
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp. sour cream
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
  • 1 green onion, finely chopped
  • salt & pepper

1. Halve the hard boiled eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks. Set the whites aside. Put the yolks in a bowl and add mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard. Stir to combine.

2. Stir in ham and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.

3. Stuff yolk mixture in each egg white. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

Devilish Eggs

Comments

1. Jennifer Young says

Thanks for the recipe. My daughter has recently found out that she LOVES deviled eggs! I have never before made or tried them, lol!

2. Karen Glatt says

I like this Devilish Egg recipe! I like that it has ham in it. This makes it more filling, and I would love to make these tonight for dinner! Thanks for the recipe~

I’m not a ham fan…but I do love deviled eggs and trying new variants on them, so maybe I can think of something to substitute for the saltiness….

4. Renata S says

I think Dijon mustard goes very well on eggs, but paprika is so perfect… I’ll try anyway, ’cause it seems yummi.
    Thanks for sharing!

5. Jessica Fortner says

I love love love deviled eggs. I can eat like 12 in one sitting LOL. I will definetely be trying out this recipe.

Love this take on Deviled Eggs. I didn’t have the materials to make this exact recipe, so I did what I could and mixed mayo and horseradish mustard (to taste) and sprinkled with paprika. Tasted delicious, but I think I’ll have to try this recipe someday.

7. April Habiger says

Have you tried any other meat in them
    besides ham? I don’t like it so I would like to try it with
    another meat.

• says

This was my first time putting meat in them. You could always substitute with a meat you like and see how it tastes. For me, I also like bacon (but that’s still in the pork family).

8. Deb Dorrington says

I am a huge fan of deviled eggs and your recipe sounds delicious. I always put prepared mustard in my recipe but never ham..I will definitely be trying out this new recipe next time love the addition of sour cream.

9. polly says

i love deviled eggs….whenever there is a pot luck to go to or our parties my devild eggs are a big hit…love them…going to try your recipie…thanks for sharing it!

10. Darlene Jones-Nelson says

I just saw a recipe that called for guacamole it looked good! This recipe I would sub for bacon instead of ham! Both looks good and I will have to try all 3!

Adding cooked ham is an interesting idea, wouldnt have thought to add meat to deviled eggs :) I think the mustard would add a nice zing :) definitely going to try this at our next family gatherings.