Vermont Maple Almond Popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, plus extra to coat the bowl
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup pure Vermont maple syrup
- dash of salt
- oil for popping
1. Coat a very large bowl with butter.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Pop popcorn in oil on the stove top in a heavy pan with a tight fitting lid.
4. Pour the popcorn and slivered almonds into the buttered bowl.
5. In a medium pan, melt butter. Add the Vermont maple syrup and a dash of salt. Over medium heat, bring this to a boil. Lower the heat and keep at a soft boil until a candy thermometer reads 300F (about 15 minutes). Stir constantly.
6. Pour the maple syrup over the popcorn & slivered almonds and mix very well.
7. Spread the popcorn mixture onto the parchment paper. Let cool completely. Break apart and store in a covered bowl for 4 or 5 days.
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.