There are lots of names for this old-fashioned dessert bar recipes. I call them Marshmallow Bars. You may call them Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars or Butterscotch Bars. It doesn’t matter what you call them as they still have the same great taste!
This no-bake dessert is perfect when you need to whip up something quickly for a bake sale or unexpected company. They harden up in no time at all in the fridge and are ready to enjoy.
I taste the peanut butter more than the butterscotch in this recipe. I love the smooth, creamy consistency. So yummy!
Smooth, creamy and chewy! This easy no-bake dessert has stood the test of time and been passed down for many generations.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 – 300g package butterscotch chips
- 1 package mini marshmallows (about 250g)
- Pinch salt
- Melt butter, butterscotch chips and peanut butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat. Let sit about 10 minutes to cool so the marshmallows won’t melt. Stir in marshmallows, vanilla extract and salt.
- Pour into 9×9 inch pan. Refrigerate until solidified. Cut into squares.
This recipe has been passed down for many generations and is found in lots of different families, mine included. Have you tried Marshmallow Bars before?