Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
These Eggnog Cheesecake Bars have a creamy and rich eggnog cheesecake filling with a spicy gingersnap cookie crust.
Hi friends, Heather visiting today from Food Lovin’ Family. I am sharing one of our go-to holiday treats, Eggnog Cheesecake Bars. Because who doesn’t love cheesecake and eggnog? Together? Pure holiday bliss.
Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
A staple we always have in our house during the holiday season is eggnog. We enjoy putting a splash in our coffee and having a small glass at night. There is just something special about sipping eggnog by the twinkling lights of the Christmas tree.
I also like using eggnog as an ingredient in different recipes like pancakes, French toast and ice cream. My favorite eggnog recipe has to be these Eggnog Cheesecake Bars.
I will often bring these bars to different holiday events and then everyone ends up requesting the recipe.
They are always one of the first things to go so sometimes I double the recipe. They never last long!
The creamy eggnog cheesecake with a gingersnap crust is irresistible!
How to Make Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
You don’t need many ingredients to make these bars. You might already have everything you need right now to make this decadent treat.
Start by making a gingersnap crust.
If gingersnaps are not your favorite, you could use graham crackers or even golden sandwich cookies.
Crush the cookies in a food processor and then mix in a few tablespoons of sugar and melted butter to form the crust in a 9×9 pan.
Bake the cookie crust for 12 minutes.
For the cheesecake, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in sugar, eggs, eggnog, flour, rum extract, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Mix until smooth and pour over crust.
Take the pan and place in a larger pan. Fill the larger pan with hot water enough to come halfway up the sides of the baking pan.
Bake 40-45 minutes until cheesecake is set and then cool on a wire rack.
Refrigerate the cheesecake bars for at least three hours before serving. You can store these in the refrigerator for up to five days.
I like to dust mine with nutmeg before serving and a dollop of whipped cream would also be delicious. Eat the plain or dress them up!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
Everyone will enjoy this these creamy Eggnog Cheesecake Bars. They are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
Looking for more yummy eggnog recipes? You’re in luck!
- Eggnog Bread Pudding: Serve it warm from the oven with a big glass of eggnog. Each bite practically melts in your mouth.
- Eggnog Cupcakes: Have a bite of Christmas with this simple dessert recipe for Eggnog Cupcakes! It has eggnog in the cupcake AND the frosting.
- Eggnog Breakfast Casserole: Meet your holiday breakfast! This Eggnog Breakfast Casserole is absolute perfection.
You’ll also enjoy these White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars.
Are you a fan of eggnog? If so, what are your favourite eggnog recipes?
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoon of sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press the mixture in a 9×9 baking pan forming a crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add ¾ cup sugar, eggs, egg yolk, eggnog, flour, rum extract, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Put the baking pan in a larger pan and add enough hot water to come halfway up the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Remove cheesecake pan from water and cool on wire rack for approximately 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until serving. Dust with ground nutmeg.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 515Total Fat: 33.3gSaturated Fat: 17.3gUnsaturated Fat: 10.2gCholesterol: 156.4mgSodium: 418.5mgCarbohydrates: 46.9gFiber: 0.8gSugar: 36.4gProtein: 8.3g