Carrot Cake Cups
I could eat cream cheese icing right out of the bowl. Forget the cake and cupcakes – just gimme the icing! Don’t worry I held myself back. I knew it would taste even better inside a moist and sweet carrot cake cup!
This recipe is made from a doctored box of carrot cake mix. I only have a couple months left before my stash of cake mix expires so I’m using them up in recipes. I also added in raisins to the cake cup batter, but you could omit them if raisins aren’t your thing.
The filling is the best part. It’s that amazing and perfectly sweet cream cheese filling. I added cinnamon and nutmeg to complement the flavours of the carrot cake cup. Top with a few raisins and some shredded carrot if you like.
Carrot Cake Cups
Take a box of cake mix to a whole new level with this recipe for Carrot Cake Cups! The cream cheese filling is smooth, sweet and perfect.
- 1 box Carrot Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup raisins, plus extra for garnish
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp grated carrot, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, butter, raisins and eggs.
- Take about a 1 tbsp of dough and press it into the muffin tin. Make sure to not make it too thick or it won’t cook entirely in the center.
- Place in oven for about 7 minutes. Remove from oven and poke the center with a spoon to create your cup. Put the cake cups back in the oven for another 5 minutes and then repeat the process to create your cup.
- Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes. They should be almost ready by now. Remove from the oven and use the spoon again to poke the center to make it cup-shaped. Put back in the oven for another 5 if needed.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Spoon into the cake cups filling them to the top.
- Garnish with raisins, cinnamon and grated carrot, if desired.
These guys went really quickly at my home. John couldn’t get enough of them! I told him not to worry that I’ll be making more again soon…once cake mix goes on sale 🙂
Have you tried your carrot cake in a cup?