Wife Saver Breakfast
Save time in the morning with this easy Wife Saver Breakfast recipe! Croissants are topped with a sweet egg layer, peach slices, cinnamon and maple syrup.
If you ever google “Wife Saver Breakfast” you’ll discover that there are many variations. Some include meat and veggies while others (like mine) have fruit instead.
The one constant is that the dish is prepared the night before and then baked the next morning.
My cousin, Nicole, shared her recipe for Wife Saver Breakfast with me for a family cookbook project I’m working on. I’d never heard of it before (hence the googling).
Wife Saver Breakfast
It reminds me a little of French Toast but in a casserole form. It has the bread in the form of croissants, eggs, spices and topped with peaches and maple syrup.
It’s a sweet and filling way to start your day! Next time I make it I’m going to be try a different fruit like berries.
Try this recipe if you’ve got a house full of company. They’ll be impressed that you whipped up such a delicious meal so early in the day. Shhh it’s our little secret 😉
How to Make Wife Saver Breakfast
Start by greasing a 9×13 casserole dish.
Break up the croissants into bite sized pieces. I used store bought croissants. Spread on the bottom of the pan.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Pour over the croissants.
Layer peaches on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
In the morning, preheat the oven to 350F. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve with maple syrup on top, if desired.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Looking for more breakfast casserole recipes? I have lots!
- Apple Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Casserole: A sweet way to start your day and feed your guests! It’s made with cinnamon buns + apple pie filling for a mouthwatering breakfast casserole you’ll make again and again.
- Sausage & Butternut Squash Breakfast Casserole: A delicious, hearty and easy breakfast casserole recipe perfect to serve to your holiday guests!
- Banana Bread Breakfast Casserole: Use up your brown bananas and leftover bread in this crowd-pleasing breakfast recipe! It comes together in 10 minutes, bakes for 1 hour and is a recipe you’ll find yourself making again and again.
- Eggnog Breakfast Casserole: Meet your holiday breakfast! This Eggnog Breakfast Casserole is absolute perfection.
- Apple Pie French Toast Casserole: Indulge a little with a slice of this decadent breakfast casserole. The taste is out of this world!
Have you made a Wife Saver Breakfast before? If so, what is in your recipe?
- 6 croissants
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 big can of unsweetened sliced peaches, drained (I think the one I used was around 700 ml)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- maple syrup, to taste
- Grease a 9×13 pan. Break croissants into bite sized pieces and spread on the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Pour over top of croissants.
- Layer the peaches on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup.
I used the already baked croissants in this recipe from the bakery at our grocery store.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385 Total Fat: 17.5g Saturated Fat: 9.2g Unsaturated Fat: 6.2g Cholesterol: 141.2mg Sodium: 760.6mg Carbohydrates: 46.3g Fiber: 3.4g Sugar: 21.4g Protein: 10.5g
You are going to love
If you enjoyed this Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole, you will also love these posts!