I am working with Fisher to share recipes using Fisher Nuts. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Over the past year, I’ve grown more comfortable cooking with nuts. I often add them to a dish for an extra kick of flavour and texture. One thing about nuts is that they are so versatile and can go into practically any dish you make! For example, the perfect side dish is some garden fresh green beans blanched and served with melted butter and whatever nuts you’ve got on hand. My personal favourites with that particular dish are slivered almonds. Like this Green Beans Almondine I made using Fisher Nuts Slivered Almonds.
These Chili Buttered Green Beans & Almonds were made with Fisher Nuts Sliced Almonds.
I also made a delicious Ice Cream Pie with a crust made from waffle cones and Fisher Nuts Sliced Almonds.
As you can see it’s so easy to cook with nuts. Fisher Nuts has some fabulous summer recipes that I’m looking forward to trying. They include Lemon Blueberry Loaf, Walnut & Blueberry French Toast Bake and Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
Most recently I made their recipe for Chocolate Raspberry S’mores which is symbolic of summer. It’s got an extra zing of flavour with the inclusion of Fisher Nuts Sliced Almonds and Raspberry Jam. They can be made in about 5 minutes from start to finish and cooked in the microwave. No bonfire required! They are so decadent. Try to just eat one…it’s impossible!
Chocolate Raspberry S’mores
- 4 tsp. seedless raspberry jam
- 8 graham cracker squares, broken crosswise in half (16 squares)
- 4 tsp. Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Sliced Almonds
- 2 milk chocolate bars
- 8 marshmallows
1. Spread 1/2 tsp raspberry jam onto 4 of the graham squares. Top each with about 1 tsp. almond slices, set aside. Top remaining squares with 1/4 chocolate bar and marshmallow. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
2. Cover each marshmallow with a reserved graham square, almond side up. Serve warm.
For more cooking with nuts recipes, check out these recipes from my blogging friends!
- White Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Caramel Pecan/Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
- Candied Pecans
- Coconut Roasted Pecans
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie Bars
- Healthier German Chocolate Hearts
- Cilantro Pesto
- Pecan Pie Mini Cupcakes
- Brownie Pecan Tart
- Pumpkin Cheesecake With a Glazed Pecan Crust
- Pepperoni Dip
- Peach & Spinach Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing
- Pudding Layer Pie
- Banana Pecan Loaf
- Pecan Brownie Bars
- Caramel Pecan Pie
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- No-Bake Granola Bars
- Flourless Raw Almond Pecan Cookie Dough Balls
- Chunky Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- Chocolate Crunch Cookies
- Overnight French Toast with Pecan Praline Topping
- Blueberry Coffee Cake with Pecan Brown Sugar Crumble
- Delicious Pumpkin Bars with Cool Whip Frosting
- Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Cranberry Salad
- Banana Walnut Crunch Muffins
- Chocolate Coconut Bars
- Caramel Apple and Pear Crostata
- Quick Carrot Sheet Cake
- Maple Walnut No-Bake Cookies
- French Toast with Maple-Walnut Apple Topping
- Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad
- Coconut Almond Granola
- Fresh Strawberries & Blueberries with Almond Cream
- Slow Cooker Shredded Asian Chicken Over Jasmine Rice
- Almond Bark
- Warm Quinoa and Almond Breakfast
- Raspberry Stuffed French Toast
- Lemon Almond Cake
- Sliced Turkey Breast With A Dairy-Free Bacon Spinach Pesto Sauce
- Loaded Baked Banana Boats
- Blueberry Upside Down Cake
- Sugared Almond Slices