Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms Recipe

You don’t need to have a party to serve appetizers. In fact, I often make a variety of apps for supper. Finger food is fun and changes up the routine a little bit. In the May 2013 issue of Canadian Living there’s a feature called “There’s An App for That”. They had a few variations of stuffed mushrooms with one of them being Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms.  I thought they looked interesting and weren’t like anything I’d served before. I usually make my stuffed mushrooms loaded with garlic and escargot.

The Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms were really simple to make and take about 40 minutes to prep and cook. They were yummy and perfect party food. John still prefers my escargots but I thought these were pretty darn good!

Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms

Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms

• 24 mushrooms
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil

Stuffing:

• 5 oz (140g ) soft goat cheese
  • half of 250g package cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, rinsed and chopped
  • 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

1. Remove stems from mushrooms; place caps, hollow side down, on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush with oil. Bake in 400°F oven for about 8 minutes. Let cool; drain off liquid. Place, hollow side up on clean foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.

2. In a bowl, mash together goat cheese, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and pepper. Spoon into mushroom caps.

3. Bake in 375°F until golden, about 12 minutes.

Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms

Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms

Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms

Comments

1. md kennedy says

Yummers! I will use vegan options for the cheeses, but otherwise this is a perfect recipe!

2. Rachel says

Mmmm…I don’t plan ahead well enough to have ingredients for something like this, but I’d love to have it at someone else’s house! ;)

3. cassandra says

this recipe is sick! i love goat cheese love sundried tomatos, and love mushrooms lol! you cheated using all the good ingredients.

4. Jennifer McLean says

these look absolutely fabulous and I’m thrilled to find recipes using goat cheese. I’ve recently discovered that I don’t get ill on goat cheese like I do cows milk. great recipe, thanks!

My husband doesn’t like anything in this recipe – but I love EVERYTHING. Woe is this wife. Perhaps I need to make this just for myself one night. :D

6. Soozle says

oh wow! These look AMAZING! :-D

I have found a new found love for stuffed mushrooms this year – so these will be on the must-make list asap! :-)

Yum! It’s nice to see a vegetarian stuffing for a change. Got used to seeing seafood stuffings :) looks like a great recipe that we’ll be trying!

8. Cabrina says

Oh my gosh! This combines three of my favorite foods, too bad my husband is not fond of any of these, especially mushrooms. I guess I will need to wait to have a party to make these. ;-)

9. Dreena says

These looks so tasty and elegant for a party appetiser. Love goat cheese.
    Thanks for the recipe share!

10. Kelly Oinonen says

YUMMMMMM!!! Looks like I will be going out to the grocery store after work for the ingredients tonight!

11. Aimee P. says

Oh wow. This sounds amazing. I pinned it to my pinterest board so I can make it this summer at our bbq

12. Lenora D says

These look wonderful and their is a good sale on mushrooms this week. I wonder if they would freeze?

13. Lyn says

Do you think you have to bake the mushrooms first? I make stuffed mushrooms a lot and don’t prebake them, but maybe because of the cheese, it would be too melted by the time the mushrooms were tender enough.

14. Nena Sinclair says

These look so good! I’ve been looking for an appetizer recipe for this weekend, I’m having friends over for dinner. This will be perfect! Thanks for the recipe!