You don’t need to have a party to serve appetizers. In fact, I often make a variety of apps for supper. Finger food is fun and changes up the routine a little bit. In the May 2013 issue of Canadian Living there’s a feature called “There’s An App for That”. They had a few variations of stuffed mushrooms with one of them being Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms. I thought they looked interesting and weren’t like anything I’d served before. I usually make my stuffed mushrooms loaded with garlic and escargot.
The Goat Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Mushrooms were really simple to make and take about 40 minutes to prep and cook. They were yummy and perfect party food. John still prefers my escargots but I thought these were pretty darn good!
- 24 mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 oz (140g ) soft goat cheese
- half of 250g package cream cheese
- ⅓ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms; place caps, hollow side down, on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush with oil. Bake in 400°F oven for about 8 minutes. Let cool; drain off liquid. Place, hollow side up on clean foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mash together goat cheese, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, lemon juice and pepper. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Bake in 375°F until golden, about 12 minutes.