Sweet Potato Home Fries Recipe
I’d been craving sweet potato fries and was looking online for some new recipes to try. I ended up finding this recipe for Sweet Potato Home Fries on my iPhone via the Food Network Canada app. There’s a ton of recipes on there! This one has only three ingredients: bacon, sweet potatoes and green onions. It’s made entirely on the stove top and the potatoes are cooked in the bacon drippings giving it so much flavour.
Next time, I think I will cut the sweet potatoes into smaller cubes so they will cook faster. The bigger pieces took longer to cook and I was starving and didn’t want to wait that long!
Sweet Potato Home Fries
- 6 slices of bacon, sliced into small pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, unpeeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat and add the bacon. Saute until crispy. Remove from pan.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the same pan. Brown them on all sides until tender (about 15 minutes or so).
- Toss in bacon, chives and salt & pepper.