These fun vodka jello shots are a must-have at any summer party! Adorable gummy bears are inside a candy pool floatie on alcohol-filled blue jello. Pool Party Jello Shots are a must-make this summer.
A tray of jello shots served in plastic cups is always a hit at summer parties. This delicious recipe will be an instant hit and is exactly what you need for summer celebrations.
They’re easy to make with a few ingredients. And no, you don’t need blue vodka! The blue jello is the perfect color for the clear blue water.
Have fun decorating them your serving tray to set the beach scene or just place them on a serving tray and enjoy some yummy blue jello shots.
If you are looking for fun summer jello shots, this is the recipe you need for your next summer party.
Why You’ll Love These Perfect Pool Party Jello Shots
- Fun themed jello shots perfect for pool parties or a backyard barbecue
- Gets people talking and having a good time
- One of my favorite jello shot recipes
- Perfect treat for a hot summer day
- You can make them into non-alcoholic jello shots
- You don’t have to use much alcohol if you choose
- Ready to enjoy in just a couple of hours (2-3 hours)
- A tropical drink that will remind you of the beach
This post contains affiliate links.
- Berry Blue Instant Jello
- Boiling water
- Tito’s vodka – Other brands of vodka can be used.
- Gummi bears – I recommend Albanese Gummi Bears.
- Peach rings
- Graham cracker crumbs – Use as “sand”.
- Sour chewy ribbon candy – Use as “beach towels”.
How to Make Pool Party Jell-o Shots
- Step One: Place at least 32 cups on two large rimmed sheet pans, making sure to not overlap the rims. Have extra disposable cups ready just in case.
- Step Two: Place jello packets in a large heat proof measuring cup. Add the boiling water and whisk to dissolve. Whisk in the vodka.
- Step Three: Working quickly, pour jello mixture into each cup, filling about ¾ of the cup. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then place lids on each cup. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until completely cooled and set.
- Step Four: Arrange jello shots on a serving platter. Cut the bottom ¼ off 32 gummy bears, place each bear inside a peachy ring. Place a gummy garnish on each cup. Decorate with umbrellas graham cracker crumbs and chewy ribbons, if using.
Equipment and Supplies Needed
What to Serve with Jello Shot Cups
Sweet treats pair awesome with jello shot cups with vodka!
Substitutions and Variations
- Try using flavored vodkas like peach, raspberry or strawberry. Smirnoff and Skyy both make lots of delicious sweet flavors.
- Use tequila, coconut rum or Malibu rum instead of vodka.
- Try using a different brand of blue raspberry jello mix like Starburst blue raspberry instant gelatin
- Use different flavors of gummy rings like apple or watermelon flavor.
- Top each jello shot with a maraschino cherry and Cool Whip.
- Use other varieties of gummy candy like swedish fish, blue gummy bears or white gummy rings.
Keep the jello shots on ice or in the refrigerator if you don’t plan on using them within an hour.
They can be stored up to 2 days in the fridge, but are best served the same day or the next day.
I don’t recommend freezing jello shots.
- These jello shot are strong. Do not use a cheap, bottom shelf vodka for best results. I recommend Tito’s vodka or Smirnoff vodka.
- The sugar on the peachy rings will quickly dissolve when it comes in contact with the jello. It will darken the color of the peachy rings. Assemble the jello shots immediately before serving.
- You can also serve these jello shots in a muffin tin instead of a baking sheet.
Can I add more alcohol?
I find these jello shots more on the strong side with 2 cups of vodka. I don’t recommend adding any more than that.
Can I make the jello shots weaker?
To make the vodka jello shots a bit weaker, use 1 cup of vodka and 1 cup cold water instead of 2 cups of vodka.
Can I make them kid-friendly?
Yes, you can make them kid-friendly by not including the vodka and using 2 cups of cold water in its place.
How to Keep Jello Shots Cold at a Party?
Keep the jello shots on ice in a cooler for up to 1 hour at a party. They are best served right away.
What is the Best Way to Eat a Jello Shot?
There’s no right way to eat one. It’s whatever works for you!
I find squeezing the plastic cup a little helps to loosen the jello so you can put it to your mouth and suck it back.
You could also try loosing it with your finger or a butter knife.
Eat it with a spoon if you want to as well!
- The Appleton Estate Manhattan Martini
- Passionate Sangria
- Pretty in Pink Punch
- Peach Jello Shots
- Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
- 4th of July Jello Shots
- Pineapple Jello Shots
- Boozy Orange Creamsicle Milkshake
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Pool Party Jello Shots
- 2 boxes berry blue instant Jello (3.5 ounce)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups Tito's vodka
- Gummy bears
- Peachy rings
- Graham cracker crumbs for sand
- Sour chewy ribbon candy for beach towels
- Place at least 32 cups on two large rimmed sheet pans, making sure to not overlap the rims. Have extra cups ready just in case.
- Place jello packets in a large heat proof measuring cup. Add the boiling water and whisk to dissolve. Whisk in the vodka.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture into each cup, filling about ¾ of the cup. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then place lids on each cup. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until completely cooled and set.
- Arrange jello shots on a serving platter. Cut the bottom ¼ off 32 gummy bears, place each bear inside a peachy ring. Place a gummy garnish on each cup. Decorate with umbrellas graham cracker crumbs and chewy ribbons, if using.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.