I have a ton of St. Patrick’s Day desserts on my Pinterest board, but many look so elaborate that I don’t know if I could do them justice. I ended up selecting the St. Patrick’s Day Truffle Recipe from Mom Audience because it looked simple enough for me to make. And it was easy!!
St. Patrick’s Day Truffle
This brownie truffle is crazy simple to make. You have layers of pudding, fudge brownies, and more all created in a fun layered dessert. But to make it a fun St. Patrick’s dessert we add in the green food coloring to make it stand out.
It’s really simple to make. This is what’s in it:
First you make the brownies according to the package directions.
The next step is to make your vanilla pudding according to the package directions. Add in your drops of green food colouring. I had a hard time getting my pudding to stay green. Not sure what I was doing wrong there!
Then get some fancy cups or in my case just regular cups we had in the house and alternate the layers of brownies and pudding. I garnished with a dollop of Cool Whip and chocolate.
Variations to Brownie Truffles
- Use a variation on brownie mix, turtle brownies, with nuts, caramel, etc.
- Make homemade whipped cream instead of buying it.
- Add a bit of mint extract in your whipped cream for a mint twist.
- Sprinkle on crushed Oreos or other sandwich cookies
You have endless ways to decorate and change up the ingredients you use in this recipe. Feel free to try it out with variations and let me know which one you prefer.
Can I Use Cake Instead of Brownies
You could use a chocolate cake instead of a brownie base if you would prefer. It will, of course, change the flavor and texture. But it would still be an amazing dessert.
If you are gluten-free you can use a gluten-free brownie or cake recipe.
Can I Use Homemade Brownies Instead of Boxed
Of course. Feel free to reach for your favorite homemade brownie recipe if you prefer. I wanted easy and simple so that is why I reached for a box mix.
But with any dessert, this recipe is very easy to adapt to your liking. You can make a larger batch of brownies if you want or smaller to fit how many you plan to serve up.
Looking for More St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
- Mint Chocolate Shamrocks | These little shamrock shaped desserts are the ultimate luck of the Irish dessert. I used a shamrock mold to create a quick and easy dessert.
- St. Patrick’s Day Glasses | Here is a really fun way to decorate your glasses with a fun green and white theme. Pour in a homemade drink, favorite store-bought drink or more.
- St. Patrick’s Day Desserts | A nice list of desserts all in one spot for you to scroll through and find the perfect dessert for your event, weeknight dessert, or treat.
Can I Make These Brownie Truffles in Advance
You can make the brownies in advance, and pudding and then store them properly. Then close before you are ready to serve then create the layers. You will find that the whipped cream will breakdown fast in the trifle.
You can make one large bowl to create the layers or do a single-serve style where you add in single cups.
For the brownie, you will want to allow them to cool and then store on the counter in a covered dish. This will help prevent it from drying out.
Then for the pudding whip it up until thick and then store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Both of these can be made up to two days in advance. I like to do it the day of or night before I plan to serve to ensure my family and friends get the best quality of the dish.
When To Serve Up This St. Patrick’s Day Truffle
You can serve this up for school parties (as long as it fits dietary needs), St. Patrick’s day parties, after school treat, and the list goes on and on. This is one recipe we love making every year.
Feel free to leave out the green and make this all year round for a fun and easy dessert recipe.
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- Cool Whip (or whipped cream)
- Green food coloring
- Chocolate, for garnish
- Prepare the brownies according to package directions.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding according to package directions.
- Add drops of green food coloring to the pudding until you reach your desired shade of green.
- Cut cooled brownies into one inch squares. Place at the bottom of six parfait glasses. Top with a layer of vanilla pudding. Repeat brownie layer. Repeat vanilla pudding layer. Top with Cool Whip and a piece of chocolate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g