I’m not sure of the origin of Cowboy Cookies and you’ll find a variety of versions of them if you look online. To me, they mean a cookie that’s packed full of good stuff like a cowboy is. This recipe has a lot going on with chocolate chips, oats, raisins and almonds. It makes one delicious cookie!
Feel free to tweak it and add your own spin to it. Don’t like raisins? Try dried cranberries or leave them out. Chocolate chips not your thing? Add some white chocolate chips or butterscotch chocolate chips. You get the idea. Just make sure you pack them full of your favourite ingredients!
I can tell you that this batch of Cowboy Cookies did not last long. It makes three dozen cookies so I spread the love by giving some to my cousin to take home to her family. She has two teen boys with insatiable appetites. My recipes get gobbled up way faster at her place than mine. I have picky eaters here. However, my girls both liked this recipe and even Olivia’s boyfriend had a few.
If you like rich and chewy cookies, you’ll love this recipe!
Whip up a batch and surprise your kids with a yummy after school snack! Unfortunately, they can’t go to school because of the nuts. If you want a school snack, just leave that ingredient out.
Have you ever made Cowboy Cookies? I’d love to hear about your recipe.
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup large oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on low speed until combined. Add in egg and vanilla. Beat on low speed for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to butter/sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, raisins and almonds. Drop about a tablespoonful on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Goson Bakeware Baking, Cooling , Oven Roasting, Broiler Rack, 8in by 10in, Cross Wire, Chrome, Pack of 2, Compatible with Various Baking Sheets Oven Pans
KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g