Chocolate Cake Batter Fudge is an easy no-bake fudge recipe made with a box of cake mix. Each bite is rich and chocolatey!
I love a good cake mix hack and this recipe is definitely that. With only a few ingredients, you’ll have whipped up a deliciously rich batch of fudge that brings sweetness to every bite.
I discovered the simplicity of cake batter fudge when I made my Valentine’s Day Fudge years ago. It’s an extremely versatile recipe where you can swap out ingredients.
The only “cooking” you need to do is two minutes in the microwave. No using the stovetop and risk burning a pan and no need for a candy thermometer. It’s seriously one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made.
To make this Chocolate Cake Batter Fudge, you’ll need the following ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Box of chocolate cake mix – Use whatever brand and flavor you like. My favorite is Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Devil’s Food Cake.
- Powdered sugar
- Butter – Don’t worry if it’s not softened. It’s going into the microwave.
- Milk – I use 2% milk
- Mini chocolate chips – Regular chocolate chips are fine, too.
How to Make
1. Add cake mix and powdered sugar to a microwaveable bowl. Mix together.
2. Add in butter and milk. Do not mix. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
3. Remove from microwave immediately and stir together to combine.
4. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
5. Immediately spread the batter in an 8×8 greased baking pan. Add a few mini chocolate chips to the top and press down with the palm of your hand or a spoon to set in place.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Grab these kitchen tools to help you make this recipe.
How to Store
I recommend cutting the cake mix fudge into pieces at the two hour mark. Store the pieces in a plastic baggie, covered container or even a plate with some plastic wrap on top.
Store your fudge at room temperature. It’s best enjoyed within the first 3 days although we have kept it longer and it was fine.
Can you freeze cake batter fudge
Yes! Store the fudge in freezer safe containers for up to three months.
If you’re storing the fudge in layers in a container, put a piece of parchment paper in between the layers of fudge.
Cake Batter Fudge Varieties
My mind was churning with other combinations of cake batter fudge to try. I’ll probably end up posting more of them on the blog since Matty has been bugging me to make him more fudge!
- Lemon cake mix + white chocolate chips
- Chocolate cake mix + chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Spice cake mix + salted caramel chips
- Chocolate cake mix + peanut butter chips
- Birthday cake mix + sprinkles
- Carrot cake mix + walnuts
- Red velvet cake mix + dark chocolate chips
- Strawberry cake mix + white chocolate chips
More Fudge Recipes
I also have several regular type of fudge recipes you’ll want to try if you’re craving more sweets.
What is your favorite type of fudge? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes! Join my recipe sharing Facebook group.
- 1 box (432g/15.25oz) chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into four pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add cake mix and powdered sugar to a microwaveable bowl. Mix together.
- Add in butter and milk. Do not mix. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave immediately and stir together to combine. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Immediately spread the batter in an 8×8 greased baking pan. Add a few mini chocolate chips to the top and press down with the palm of your hand or a spoon to set in place.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
I like Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Cake mix.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g