Kids LOVE this easy treat! Creamy chicken salad is surrounded by a flaky golden dough pocket. Perfect for leftover chicken. You will not regret trying these delicious Chicken Bundles.
It feels like I blinked and 2019 is almost over. Where does time go? Seriously. I think the older I get, the faster time flies. It’s crazy to think the holidays are almost here and I have so much still to get ready. Eek!
We are hosting Christmas dinner at our house this year. I’m a bit nervous because I haven’t had my new extended family over for this type of special occasion before. However, I think with some pre-planning I’ll be ok. I already have picked out one of the appetizers I’ll be serving: Chicken Bundles!
Chicken Bundles are basically chicken salad stuffed inside crescent roll dough. They are super quick to whip up. My fiancé even used the word “magical” to describe them. He ate almost the whole plate himself.
They are kid-friendly too! If you are having kids over for the holidays, consider making a batch of Chicken Bundles. Kids may not like the other fancy appetizers you put out, but they will most likely enjoy this easy recipe. They aren’t spicy and are fun to eat with a delicious surprise in the middle.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
I’ve been also checking out other simple appetizer recipes from my friends at Chicken Farmers of Canada. Their recipe index is a goldmine of deliciousness.
Check out what else I’m thinking of making this Christmas here:
- Chicken Parmesan Pinwheels
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Hot Spinach & Chicken Dip
Organize Your Grocery Shopping
Like I said, pre-planning for the holidays is key. I recommend downloading the Shopping with Chicken app. And it’s free. You NEED this app during this crazy busy time of year.
I especially love these helpful features:
- Create shopping lists that you can sync and share in real-time
- Desktop version that you can sync with your phone app
What to Look for When You Buy Chicken
I think it’s important to know where your chicken comes from. Look for the Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo on the packages of chicken you buy.
This way you’ll know that the chicken you are buying is grain-fed, free of added hormones and steroids and raised in Canada according to a high nationally-set food safety and animal care standards. I only buy Canadian chicken because I know I’m getting the best product there is out there to feed my family.
Chicken Bundles Ingredients
Ready to create your shopping list via the app? Here’s what you’ll need.
- Chicken breasts (or any boneless leftover chicken you have)
- Cream cheese
- Green onions
- Crescent roll dough
More Holiday Appetizers
I have several chicken appetizers you can serve this holiday season!
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Chicken Fajita Wonton Cups
- Crockpot White Chili Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
What appetizers will be hitting your holiday tables this year?
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp butter, melted, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 235g packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese with 2 tbsp of melted butter. Add chicken, salt, pepper and green onions and mix well.
- Separate crescent roll dough into rectangles. Seal perforations. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture into the center. Pull the 4 corners to the center and seal edges. Brush tops with melted butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 19 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 485mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 15g
One lucky Canadian reader is going to win a prize pack that includes a Google Nest Hub and Ninja Foodi Hot/Cold Blender (ARV $500). The giveaway ends December 23, 2019 at 11am EST.