Pineapple Delight is filled with the sweet flavors of toffee and pineapple in a creamy topping. This dessert may not be the prettiest, but it sure tastes delicious.
I originally wanted this dessert to be a square, but plans changed after I baked it and went to cut into pieces. I realized it would be better served in a parfait dish because it was not the prettiest treat to cut into pieces.
I almost scrapped the whole thing until I took a bite. Then I realized that I had a winner. This Pineapple Delight is freakin’ delicious and definitely shareworthy.
Sometimes recipe fails can turn into recipe wins.
The graham cracker layer tastes like toffee – a flavor I adore. I love anything caramel/butterscotch/toffee. I think I like it even better than the creamy pineapple topping.
This is one dessert you’ll be wanting to make again and again.
How to Make Pineapple Delight
It has a few layers, but they are easy peasy to make.
Start by making the graham cracker crumb layer by stirring together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. I typically use salted butter because it’s what I have at home. Press the mixture into an 8×8 inch baking pan and bake for 15 minutes at 300F.
While the graham cracker layer is baking, cream together butter and powdered sugar. Add eggs and mix until combined. Spread mixture on top of the cooked graham cracker crumb mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream and fold in crushed pineapple. Spread mixture on top of cooled dessert in the baking pan.
You can try to cut them into squares if you like or do what I did and serve them messy in parfait dishes.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you prepare this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you’re a fan of pineapple desserts, I have a few more yummy recipes to share!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding: Sweet and creamy with a hint of yummy pineapple flavor!
- Pineapple Pretzel Pudding: Bet you can’t eat just one! This creamy, rich dessert is one for the record books.
- Pineapple Pie: Creamy, smooth and tropical! This pie is easy to prepare and guaranteed to be loved by all.
- Pineapple Sticky Buns with Coconut Caramel: Ooey gooey Pineapple Sticky Buns with Coconut Caramel are the bomb! Plus, they are easy to make and ready in 30 minutes. We couldn’t stop eating them!
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes: Try this super simple Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes recipe made with yellow cake mix!
I served this dessert to a few friends and everyone said it was wonderful. A few of my friends even asked for the recipe. Here ya go!
Pineapple Delight would be a great way to end a delicious meal with family or serve to impress your company over for dinner. It’s sooooo good I don’t even want to share!
Are you a fan of pineapple desserts?
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 398ml can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture into an 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar. Add eggs and mix until combined. Spread on top of graham cracker crumb mixture in the baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While it's baking, whip whipping cream and then fold in crushed pineapple. Spread on top of cooled baking pan.
- Serve in parfait dishes.
- KOVOT Set of 4 Mini Dessert And Appetizer Double Walled 5 Oz Gourmet Glasses
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1142 Total Fat: 50.3g Saturated Fat: 28.2g Unsaturated Fat: 17.3g Cholesterol: 187.6mg Sodium: 443.5mg Carbohydrates: 171.9g Fiber: 2.2g Sugar: 111.4g Protein: 7.3g