Ginger Meatballs Recipe
Meet my second dish in the Simply Asia Summer Recipe Challenge: Ginger Meatballs! I was asked to create three dishes- an entree, appetizer and side dish. These Ginger Meatballs are my appetizer recipe submission. I made Spicy Shrimp & Vegetable Stir Fry as my entree.
I have to warn you that these meatballs are addicting! I couldn’t stop at just one. If I was making them for a party, I’d have to make extra because they are so yummy!
In this recipe, I use fresh ginger, but you could use ground if fresh ginger isn’t available where you live.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 package Simply Asia General Tsao Stir-Fry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Mix egg, bread crumbs, garlic, ginger, water and Sweet Ginger Garlic Seasoning in a large bowl.
- Add ground beef to the bowl and mix together with clean hands.
- Roll meat mixture into 1 inch balls with your hands and place on the baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meat is cooked and no longer pink in the center.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes and then add meatballs to a saucepan. Gently mix in General Tsao Stir-Fry sauce and heat over medium low for about 5 minutes.
- Serve by skewering meatballs on wooden skewers or by putting a toothpick in the center of the meatball. Makes about 24 meatballs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g