Olive Cheese Balls Recipe #HolidayAppetizers
This week is just flying by! It’s day four of our #HolidayAppetizers recipes where myself and three other bloggers are sharing a party favourite each day. By the end of the week you’ll have a bunch of new appetizer recipes to serve to your guests this holiday season.
As I mentioned before, I love olives and my preference being green olives although I will eat black olives once in a while. John despises olives though. I notice people either love them or hate them. I’m definitely team love which is why I whipped up a batch of these savoury, cheesy and little spicy Olive Cheese Balls. It’s a green olive wrapped in a cheese dough baked until golden brown. They are delicious on their own and don’t need any sauce. I could eat this whole batch myself….
This recipe only makes 12 individual appetizers so if you are having a large get-together I recommend you either double or triple the recipe.
Olive Cheese Balls
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of salt and cayenne pepper
- 12 olives stuffed with pimento, dried thoroughly with a paper towel
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese and butter. Then add in flour, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne and mix together.
- Add water and mix together (you may need to use your hands for this).
- Grab about a tsp of the dough mixture and mould it around an olive to make a round little ball. Place each ball on your cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until the dough is a golden brown. Serve hot. Makes 12 individual appetizers.
To find more appetizer recipes, head over to my friends’ blogs!