Zesty Shrimp Flatbread is a fresh and spicy appetizer that will delight your tastebuds! I love seafood and shrimp especially. I have to warn you though that it does have a kick. My lips were on fire so have some water on hand to cool down. It’s an interesting marriage of ingredients with hot (jalapeno, onion) and cool (mint, Tzatziki) all wrapped up in a few delicious bites. I think the hot overpowers the cool though!
Zesty Shrimp Flatbread
adapted from Inspired by Sobeys
- ¾ bag frozen cooked shrimp (71-90 ct),thawed and tails removed
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp seeded and minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 small plum tomato, diced
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 flatbread or baguette
- ½ cup Tzatziki Yogourt & Cucumber Dip
Place shrimp in a bowl, sprinkle lime zest and 4 tsp lime juice overtop. Stir in onion, mint, jalapeño, tomato and salt.
Spread tzatziki on flatbread, and scatter shrimp mixture overtop.
I’m linked up!