Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
Delightfully Yummy Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. melted peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. milk chocolate chips
- Combine 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels,1/4 cup sugar, and 6 tablespoons melted butter in a 9 inch pie pan, mix well and press firmly into the pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 7 to 10 minutes. Set on cooling rack and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan bring 1/4 cup heavy cream to a simmer. Once the cream comes to a simmer remove from heat, add 1 cup of milk chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of light corn syrup. Cover and let set for about 2 minutes. Beat the chocolate, cream, and light syrup until smooth and glossy. Pour this over the cooled crust and refrigerate until the chocolate is cooled and set.
- In the mean time prepare caramel layer. In a small sauce pan combine 2/3 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon light corn syrup, and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Stirring constantly bring this to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Cool to almost room temperature and pour over chocolate layer. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce to drizzle over top of pie
Peanut butter layer
- In a large mixing bowl beat 8 ounce of cream cheese (make sure the cream cheese is room temperature) until fluffy. To this add 1 1/2 cups of peanut butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 3/4 cups of powdered sugar. Beat all ingredients until well blended and fluffy, set aside. In another large mixing bowl beat 2 cups of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. Pour over the caramel layer.
- Drizzle over top of pie with the remaining caramel (this may need to be heated a little until it is runny enough to pour), then drizzle 3 tablespoons of melted peanut butter (melted in the microwave until slightly runny), and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of chopped milk chocolate chips. Place in freezer and freeze 3 to 5 hours before serving.
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.