Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links.
One thing that I’ve never done before is make my own homemade chocolate bars. Why? I just never realized I could. I recently finished up a Craftsy course called Homemade Chocolate Candy where I learned how to make fudge, marshmallows, caramels and yes, chocolate bars. They are super easy to make and customize to make your own.
I created this mouthwatering Cranberry Coconut Pistachio Chocolate Bars recipe with the holidays in mind. My thought process was to add red (cranberries), white (coconut) and green (pistachios) ingredients to give it a festive flair. They turned out perfectly!
As for the chocolate bar molds, I bought a few on Amazon. I MUCH prefer the silicone chocolate bar molds because they are SOOOOO much easier to remove. I tried the polycarbonate chocolate bar molds and didn’t like them. I might have been using it wrong, but I had so much trouble getting my chocolate bars to release in one piece. So I’m sticking with the tried-and-true silicone molds. I use them all the time in my DIY soap recipes.
Homemade chocolate bars also make a wonderful edible holiday gift. Wrap some up for gift giving to share with your family and friends.
You might also enjoy these Pistachio Cream Bars.
Have you ever made your own chocolate bars?
- 3 cups Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Add candy melts to a large microwavable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir. Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Stir in pistachios, dried cranberries and coconut. Spoon into silicone chocolate bar molds. Smooth the top with an offset spatula. Let harden at room temperature for 1 hour. Gently push on the mold to release the chocolate bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 13gSugar: 16gProtein: 12g