Add a little twist to your favourite chili recipe! Chili Macaroni is easy to make and is comfort food your family will love. It never lasts long in my house.
It’s basically adding some cooked macaroni to your pot of chili. If you wanted to make a Mac N Cheese version, add some cheddar cheese before you serve it. I left it out and it still tasted delicious.
It tastes even better the next day. It makes a big batch so we often have leftovers. Just heat up a bowl in the microwave. If you’re craving comfort food, this is the recipe for you!
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 454g macaroni, uncooked
- 1 796ml can diced tomatoes
- 1 540ml can kidney beans, drained
- 1 284ml can tomato soup with 1/2 can water
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add in ground beef and stir often to break it up. Cook for about 4 minutes and then add onions and green pepper. Continue to cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and chili powder and stir to combine.
- In the saucepan with the macaroni, stir in diced tomatoes, tomato soup, water and beans. Add in ground beef mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat over medium-low heat until macaroni is heated and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g