Spring Cookie Bars
Have you seen the M&M’s in pretty spring pastels? I grabbed a bag from the Easter candy aisle recently. I was planning to eat them as is when I need a little chocolate pick me up. That’s boring though and not really post worthy so instead I made Spring Cookie Bars. I also added white chocolate chips to complement the flavour and add an extra element of colour.
This recipe is basically a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Instead of chocolate chips, I used one cup of white chocolate chips and one cup of M&Ms. If you’re reading this post and it’s not spring, feel free to substitute regular M&Ms. Just call them M&M Cookie Bars!
My oldest daughter, who is still very picky with food, has been eating these treats like crazy. I think she’s eaten the most out of all of us! I would have expected John to eat the most so it was a nice surprise. I’m glad she’s enjoying my baking!
I snuck a few bars myself. They are sweet, chewy and addicting! I had to exercise major self-control to not eat the whole pan! Trust me, I wanted to, but knew I’d regret it later.
Spring Cookie Bars
Sweet, chewy cookie bars baked to golden brown perfection! They are packed with yummy white chocolate chips and M&M’s in pretty pastels.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Spring Pastels M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375F. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, butter and egg to a large bowl and beat with a mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Press cookie dough into a 13 x 9 inch pan (ungreased) and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.
If cookie bars aren’t your thing, you can easily turn this recipe into cookies. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. I went with cookie bars because I don’t think I’ve ever posted any before on my blog. I had to rectify it asap!
I made a video of the entire process from start to finish. Watch these Spring Cookie Bars come to life.
Would you make this recipe as cookie bars or turn them into cookies?