Chocolate Cream Tarts
Next time a chocolate craving hits, give this easy recipe for Chocolate Cream Tarts a try! I usually end up eating several of these yummy bite sized treats.
These are basically mini tarts made with a refrigerated pie crust. I used a mason jar to cut out the dough into circles to fit my Wilton Mini Tart Pan. The chocolate filling is instant pudding. If you want to save even more time, use a pudding cup and cut back on the preparation.
I made my own whipped cream with whipping cream and icing sugar (aka powdered sugar). Cool Whip or a can of whipping cream works too. Sprinkle with a little cocoa powder for presentation and you have yourself a beautiful dessert. I guarantee these will go fast!
Chocolate Cream Tarts
Bite sized tarts filled with a smooth, rich chocolate filling and topped with sweet whipped cream. I can never stop at just one!
- 1 9 inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Grated chocolate, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F. Roll out your pie dough and cut into 12 3-inch circles. I used a mason jar with a wide top to do mine. You will need to reroll the dough scraps as near the end to get the 12 circles.
- Press dough circles into a mini tart pan. Poke each tart with a fork.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Note: these bake very fast and burn quickly!
- Remove tart shells from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk the chocolate pudding and milk with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and you can see it start to thicken, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate for about 10 to 15 minutes or until set.
- Add a spoonful of chocolate pudding to each tart. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add whipping cream and powdered sugar and beat on high until it thickens and forms soft peaks. Pipe whipped cream on top of chocolate pudding with a pastry bag and Wilton tip. Sprinkle on grated chocolate for garnish.
Change the recipe up by using different flavours of instant pudding. I bet vanilla would also be tasty!
Keep an eye out for more dessert recipes made with my mini tart pan. I’ve got a bunch coming up including cherry tarts and caramel apple tarts!
Never miss a recipe again! Subscribe to my newsletter to receive my newest posts and get a copy of my free e-cookbook, Top 10 Most Popular Recipes of All-Time.
What is your favourite flavour of pudding?