Meatball Sub Casserole
When a Tasty video popped up in my Facebook feed last month, I knew I’d found a recipe that I had to try. It had Pillsbury biscuits in it and as you can tell if you are a regular reader, I’m obsessed with their products. I couldn’t resist. I went out that very night to buy all the ingredients to make this delicious Meatball Sub Casserole.
Meatball subs are my youngest daughter’s favourite. It’s the only kind of sub she will order when we visit SUBWAY. Her toppings are simple: sauce and cheese. This is her kinda recipe.
It is CRAZY easy to make. Watch the Tasty video I linked at the top and you’ll see the prep work in action. There is barely anything to it!
Cut up some refrigerated biscuit dough (uncooked), pour on a jar of pasta sauce, top with frozen cooked meatballs and cheese. I also sprinkled on Italian seasoning for garnish and a little boost of flavour.
The dough rises and cooks in the sauce and the end result really does taste like a meatball sub. I used a large casserole dish so we had leftovers the next day. It may not be the best thing to eat if you are watching your weight, but it sure satisfies those carb cravings!
I’m planning a few more biscuit casserole recipes using Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits. My next one will be a dessert. I’ll share it if it turns out ok!
If you want to see what is up and coming recipe wise, follow me on Instagram. I share photos of recipes I’m working on a few weeks before they hit my blog.
For more easy casserole recipes, check out my Casserole recipe index. I have lots of yummy ones I think you will enjoy!
Are you a fan of meatball subs?
- Cooking spray
- 1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 package of frozen, cooked meatballs (about 32 meatballs)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cut each Pillsbury Refrigerated Biscuit into quarters (4 pieces). Spread on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Pour pasta sauce on top of biscuits and gently toss to coat.
- Spread frozen meatballs evenly on top of pasta sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.*** The cheese will be completely melted, meatballs cooked and it will be bubbly and hot. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
I used Pillsbury Refrigerated Flaky Rolls*
The pasta sauce jar I used was a 650ml jar of Classico Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic**
My oven took the full 40 minutes to bake this recipe.***
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g