- 16 oz partly skim ricotta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 box lasagna noodles (DO NOT COOK)*
- 28 oz diced tomatoes, drained
- 28 oz pasta sauce
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz baby spinach (about 3-4 cups)
- In a medium bowl add ricotta, peppers, red pepper flakes, oregano, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Combine well; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, and parsley; set aside.
- In a 6 quart slow cooker, add about 1 cup of tomato mixture to the bottom (enough to just cover the bottom). Add a layer of noodles on top, breaking to fit. Add half the baby spinach. Add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, loosely spreading it around with spatula. Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese then 1/3 of the remaining tomato mixture. Add another layer of noodles, then repeat layering with spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and tomato mixture. Top with noodle layer, then remaining ricotta, tomatoes, and then mozzarella.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or until the noodles are tender.**
- Remove cover and allow to cook for at least 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
*Be sure to use regular lasagna noodles. NOT the ‘no boil’ noodles.
**After the 3 hour cook time, it is fine to leave the lasagna ‘warming’ throughout the day. If your slow cooker has an auto shut off, then you can use that too.
If you would like to add meat to this recipe, just cook ground beef/turkey prior to adding lasagna to slow cooker. Then add meat into layers of lasagna. You might have extra lasagna noodles after assembling – that is fine, just use what you need and save rest for another time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 614 Total Fat: 14.1g Saturated Fat: 7.8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5.1g Cholesterol: 56.1mg Sodium: 1176.3mg Carbohydrates: 77.8g Fiber: 12.1g Sugar: 12.3g Protein: 40.5g