Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
Hi friends, Heather visiting today from Food Lovin’ Family. I am sharing one of our go-to holiday treats, Eggnog Cheesecake Bars.
A staple we always have in our house during the holiday season is eggnog. We enjoy putting a splash in our coffee and having a small glass at night. I also like using eggnog as an ingredient in different recipes like pancakes, french toast and ice cream. My favorite eggnog recipe has to be these Eggnog Cheesecake Bars.
I will often bring these bars to different holiday events and then everyone ends up requesting the recipe. They are always one of the first things to go so sometimes I double the recipe. The creamy eggnog cheesecake with a gingersnap crust is irresistible!
You don’t need many ingredients to make these bars. Start by making a gingersnap crust. If gingersnaps are not your favorite, you could use graham crackers or even golden sandwich cookies. Crush the cookies in a food processor and then mix in a few tablespoons of sugar and melted butter to form the crust in a 9×9 pan.
Bake the cookie crust for 12 minutes. For the cheesecake, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in sugar, eggs, eggnog, flour, rum extract, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Mix until smooth and pour over crust. Take the pan and place in a larger pan. Fill the larger pan with hot water enough to come halfway up the sides of the baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes until cheesecake is set and then cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate the cheesecake bars for at least three hours before serving. You can store these in the refrigerator for up to five days. I like to dust mine with nutmeg before serving and a dollop of whipped cream would also be delicious.
Everyone will enjoy this these creamy Eggnog Cheesecake Bars. They are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
Eggnog Cheesecake Bars
Creamy rich eggnog cheesecake with a spicy gingersnap cookie crust.
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoon of sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press the mixture in a 9×9 baking pan forming a crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add ¾ cup sugar, eggs, egg yolk, eggnog, flour, rum extract, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Put the baking pan in a larger pan and add enough hot water to come halfway up the baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Remove cheesecake pan from water and cool on wire rack for approximately 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours until serving. Dust with ground nutmeg.