I discovered this recipe for Baked Chicken Parmesan in a cookbook I’ve owned for probably 10 years, Dietitians of Canada Great Food Fast. It has easy recipes that are healthy and really easy to make. I’ve made this recipe a few times and it’s always popular with John and the kids. All the ingredients are easy to find that you may already have on hand! You can serve it over rice or pasta to make it a complete meal or just eat it on its own like I do.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and sear for 1 to 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Transfer to a baking dish.
2. Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add zucchini and onions and saute for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and place on top of the chicken.
3. In a bowl, mix the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Pour over the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until juices run clear on the chicken when it’s pierced with a fork. Serves 4.