I’ve making this Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies recipe since my oldest daughter was a baby. I believe the recipe originally came from a free milk calendar that was delivered to my door many moons ago. Once you try it yourself, you’ll see why it’s become a favourite in our home. If you love the peanut butter chocolate combination, you must try this recipe!
The bottom layer is a rich fudgy brownie which would be tasty on its own. However, it gets even better when you add a smooth peanut butter cheesecake topping. Cheesecake is my absolute favourite dessert so I can never resist this dessert even when I’m watching my weight.
Sprinkled throughout the cheesecake topping are bits of the brownie batter. Swirl them through the cheesecake to create a marble design if you like.
Whenever I make these treats, they are always gobbled up in no time flat. It’s nice to see my picky kids enjoying what I make!
You can’t go wrong with this perfect combination. Cheesecake + Brownies and Peanut Butter + Chocolate. It’s a match made in dessert heaven.
For more chocolate and peanut butter desserts, try my Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes, Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes with Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, REESE Rolls and REESE Ice Cream. I also have Snickers Brownies that are to die for!
For a yummy pie recipe, try this Peanut Butter Pie.
What is your favourite chocolate/peanut butter dessert?
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 package REESE Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for one minute. Stir. Pour into a bowl. Add milk and stir to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir sugar, flour and cocoa powder. Add to chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Measure out 1/4 cup of mixture and set aside for later. Spread the rest of the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and milk with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Melt REESE Peanut Butter Chips in the microwave for one minute. Stir together until completely melted. Pour into mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture on top of chocolate mixture in the prepared pan.
- Add dollops of the reserved chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter mixture in the pan and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 38 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g