Tater Tot Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole is a classic comfort food your family will love! It has a layer of ground beef mixed with a creamy veggie sauce and topped with crispy Tater Tots and melted cheddar cheese.
It’s very simple to make and tastes delicious. Everyone loves this easy casserole recipe.
Tater Tot Casserole
I’m a huge fan of Tater Tot Casseroles. When you make one, you get all these ides of other varieties to try. The sky is the limit for ingredients and themes! Who knew Tater Tot Casserole could be so versatile?!
This is my version of the classic recipe. It contains easy-to-find ingredients that go together in perfect harmony.
Whenever I make Tater Tot Casserole, everyone gobbles it up. I always know it’s a meal my picky kids will eat.
Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients
The bottom layer is a mixture of cooked ground beef, chopped onions and garlic plus a little Worcestershire sauce for extra flavoring. I like to use lean ground beef to cut back a little on the greasiness.
The sauce layer is a mixture of Cream of Mushroom soup and a can of mixed vegetables.
Feel free to substitute a different Cream of soup variety if you aren’t a fan of Cream of Mushroom Soup. Cream of Chicken works well, too.
Mixed frozen vegetables would also work. Use whatever you have on hand. We don’t need to make it complicated.
The topping is my favorite part. It’s a layer of crispy Tater Tots and melted cheddar cheese. I use almost a whole bag of Tater Tots to make this recipe.
How to Make Tater Tot Casserole
It’s so easy that you could make it with your eyes closed. Ok, not really, but you get my drift.
Grab a 9×13 casserole dish and grease it with cooking spray. We don’t want those taters to stick.
Add the onions, garlic and ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the beef completely and then stir in Worcestershire sauce.
In another bowl, stir together the Cream of Mushroom Soup and the can of Mixed Vegetables.
Spread the ground beef mixture into the casserole dish and then top with the Cream of Mushroom Soup mixture. Cover with frozen Tater Tots.
Bake at 400F for 40 minutes. Grab your oven mitts and remove from the oven. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake another 5 minutes so the cheese can melt. Serve it hot.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
Can You Freeze Tater Tot Casserole
Good news for you freezer folks. You can freeze Tater Tot Casserole! Store it in your freezer for up to 3 months. Then you have a dinner ready when you don’t feel like cooking!
What to Serve with Tater Tot Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole is the star of the meal. Though you could simply serve it on its own, it also pairs nicely with a tossed salad.
I typically don’t serve it with any other starches since it already has enough carbs with the inclusion of the tater tots.
A side of veggies also works nicely. My daughter loves steamed broccoli.
Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
Are you searching for more Tater Tot Casserole recipes to try? I have a bunch of varieties for you to check out.
- Mexican Tater Tot Casserole: This easy casserole is spicy, hearty and tasty. It’s a surefire hit with my family.
- Pizza Tater Tot Casserole: This comforting casserole has three layers of goodness. Use your favourite pizza toppings to create the perfect family meal.
- Lasagna Tater Tot Casserole: Easy, delicious comfort food! This casserole is one of my family’s favourite weeknight meals.
What are your thoughts on Tater Tot Casserole?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (10oz) cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (14oz) can mixed vegetables
- 1 800g package of frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with Cooking Spray.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ground beef. Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are softened. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- In another bowl, stir together Cream of Mushroom Soup and Mixed Vegetables.
- Spread beef mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with Cream of Mushroom soup mixture. Cover with Tater Tots.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inch
- Cuisinart 622-30G Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 12-Inch Skillet with Glass Cover
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383 Total Fat: 14.1g Saturated Fat: 5.6g Trans Fat: 0.3g Unsaturated Fat: 7.4g Cholesterol: 63.8mg Sodium: 1023.3mg Carbohydrates: 37.3g Fiber: 6.2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 26.4g