Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Is there anything better than a big bowl of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream on a hot summer’s day? I have fond memories of biking to our local dairy (Pembroke residents will know the iconic Brum’s Dairy). My friend and I used to get big scoops of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in a waffle cone. It was our favourite. The flavours bring me back to my childhood summers.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
I love making my own no-churn ice cream. I own an ice cream maker, but I rarely use it. No-churn ice cream is just too much simpler that I can’t be bothered. The hardest thing is waiting for it to freeze!
Today is Chocolate Ice Cream day so I wanted to share something that you could make to celebrate this special occasion. This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is easy to make and so delicious to eat. It has just the right amount of minty flavour blended in with a pop of chocolate from the milk chocolate chips.
I had some friends over the day after I made this recipe. My friend, Tina, said that it was “the best ice cream she has ever tasted”. Wow! That made me feel happy because I want people to enjoy the recipes I share.
Expect each bite to be creamy, minty and sweet. You can use your own homemade mint extract if you like.
The green colour is from green food colouring. I didn’t specify the amount of drops to use in the recipe below because it will depend on the type of food colouring you use. Some are more potent than others. I recommend adding a few drops and then stirring to see if you like the colour. Keep adding drops until you research the green you like.
You could also leave out the food colouring and it won’t affect the flavour. It just won’t look minty green.
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Like I said, this recipe requires NO ice cream maker.
In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream on medium speed for 4 minutes or until it starts to form soft peaks. Reduce the speed to low and pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Beat until it’s combined.
Stir in the mint extract, green food colouring and chocolate chips.
This post contains affiliate links.
Pour mixture into a freezer safe container. I like the Rubbermaid Brilliance containers. Put in the freezer for at least 8 hours. I leave mine in there overnight.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
For more no-churn ice cream recipes, try my Maple Pecan Ice Cream, Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream or Chocolate Cake Ice Cream.
You might also like these chocolate ice cream inspired recipes for Chocolate Ice Cream day shared by my blogger friends.
- Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Strawberry Chocolate Ripple Ice Cream
- No-Churn Chocolate Cake Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Blender Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Bailey’s Chocolate Ice Cream
- No-Churn Brownie Fudge Ice Cream
- Paleo Death by Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (300ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Green food colouring, until desired colour is reached
- Beat whipping cream on medium speed for 4 minutes or until it starts to form soft peaks. Reduce speed to low and add in sweetened condensed milk. Beat until combined.
- Stir in mint extract, green food colouring and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a freezer safe container. Freeze for at least 8 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 651 Total Fat: 42.3g Saturated Fat: 26.4g Unsaturated Fat: 10.2g Cholesterol: 110.4mg Sodium: 119.7mg Carbohydrates: 64.8g Fiber: 2.9g Sugar: 58.4g Protein: 9.8g