You are what you eat. If that’s the case, then I want to eat foods that make me feel good and let my radiance shine from the inside out. Fresh vegetables are the way to go. They are in abundance at local farmers’ markets and stands and I’m in my glory picking up lots of deliciousness to serve my family. One of my favourite salads to make (and eat) is Broccoli Salad. It’s always a hit at our summer family barbecues and often I’ll get my family requesting that I bring a batch with me.
The traditional dressing for this type of salad is made with white sugar but I’ve discovered another dressing that tastes even better and is healthier too! I modified a recipe for Ranch dressing I found on DrinkSilk.ca and was so pleased with how it turned out. This dressing would be great on any tossed salad, but it’s utterly divine on my Broccoli Salad. Your tastebuds will love it!
It incorporates a blend of textures with the crunch of the fresh broccoli and the softer sweetness of raisins. If you are tasked to bring a dish to a get-together this summer, bring this salad. It will be a sure-fire hit and you’ll have people asking you for the recipe.
Silk soy, almond and coconut beverages are a great choice for your healthy lifestyle. With important nutrients like calcium and vitamin D, plus a silky-smooth taste you’ll crave, they’re perfect in smoothies, over cereal and straight up in a glass. Intrigued? Get to know Silk at DrinkSilk.ca
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Silk via Glam Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Silk.
Broccoli Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 2 heads broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small red onion roughly chopped
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¾ sliced almonds
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup Silk Original Unsweetened soy beverage
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh dill roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- pinch salt & pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- To prepare the dressing, combine Silk and lemon juice in medium bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the remainder of the dressing ingredients.
- Add in dressing to the salad and toss together until completely combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.